Most of us hate moving. It means hassle, stress, PACKING, money, and time, but it’s one of those things you just have to do sometimes. And in the end, it’s usually worth it for a bigger space, a better yard, a faster commute, and more bathrooms.
It’s the same way when you’re planning a system migration, especially when it’s a software platform you’ve invested a lot into, like your online community.
Just remember that moving your online community to get it right is totally worth it. According to Aberdeen Research, firms with online communities:
- Enjoy 5.4 times greater annual increase in customer satisfaction rates.
- Achieve 41% greater average customer profit margin
- Are 2 times more likely to have a formal strategy to encourage loyal customers to become brand advocates
- Improve (decrease) support costs by 32.9% year-over-year
- Grow customer retention rates by 15% year-over-year
Since migrating your online community to a new community platform vendor is a big commitment, I’m sure you’ve carefully considered the change. As you project manage the migration, rely on these tips to guide you (and preserve your sanity) as you progress.