Have you ever heard someone say “there’s an app for that!” when you complain about your smartphone? Well, if you want to elevate the success and business impact of your online community, trust us – there’s a module for that.
Customizing your online community is a great way to maximize its impact, propelling your capabilities from basic to extraordinary. But selecting the right add-on modules to invest in can be tricky if you aren’t familiar with their functionality.
Even trickier is this often overlooked fact: what’s our community for in the first place?
There is no one-size-fits-all package of tools on the road to success. When you’re ready to further enhance your community, that’s when the fun of “shopping around” for new modules starts - because your core objectives are already front and center. When that time comes, The Community Module Guide will map you in the direction of the right tools to support your goals.
Start with Your Community’s Core
At its base, every community should maintain a strong foundation of core modules (the no-nonsense tools and features that are essential to your success, like calendars, discussion boards, directories, automation rules, and a resource library) to support its essential objectives.
Customization capabilities and mobile-friendly access are also vital features at the core of delivering the seamless community experience your members want. After all, online communities exist to help people forge meaningful connections, so shouldn’t your members be able to do that from any screen or mobile device? [Answer: resounding ‘YES’]
Drive a Better Member Experience with Additional Modules
Just because there’s an app for seemingly everything under the sun, it doesn’t mean you’re going to willingly download them all onto your device - who has the space (or budget) for that?
In the same regard, there should be some strategy and budget considerations behind the modules you invest in. What is your community’s top goal?
Every successful organization plans for one, some, or all of the objectives listed below, and it’s important to make sure your community is growing alongside your organization’s goals and planning. This eBook will help you determine the best modules to support each of these six core objectives:
- Objective #1 - Recruitment + Retention
- Objective #2 - Events + Registrations
- Objective #3 - Revenue
- Objective #4 - Advocacy + Volunteering
- Objective #5 - Program Innovation + Collaboration
- Objective #6 - Online Member Experience
6 Modules that Improve Overall Membership Satisfaction
You may determine that your organization’s top objective doesn’t fall into one of these specific categories. For example, if your primary objective right now is improving overall membership satisfaction, here are some key takeaways from The Community Module Guide on some of the (many) tools that can help you drive a better member experience:
- Data Collection: Collect data for renewal campaigns, increasing satisfaction by targeting members correctly - sending the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Volunteer Management: Track and reward volunteers using traditional practices like personalized thank you letters and physical gifts, in addition to gamification tactics like virtual badges, ribbons, and a volunteer leaderboard.
- Learning Management Systems/Mentoring Programs: Give your members access to a support system and powerful resources by connecting them through a smart directory. Provide personalized, customized content and offer a seamless experience with single sign-on for members across the platform to increase their ease of use on the platform.
- Event Management: Integrate events into your online community, allowing members to easily view upcoming events and securely register and pay for the ones they want to attend. Offer credit for continuing education opportunities, tying that data back to your AMS or CRM.
- Mobile-Friendly Apps: Keep your members connected. Implement interactive maps, agendas, calendars and documents, with real-time schedule updates and notifications to keep your members on the cutting edge of your events and operations.
- Content Management: Allow non-technical staff and volunteer leaders to work with user-friendly layouts and tools, making it simple to create, manage, track and improve your branded web content. Send messages, share documents, coordinate calendars, create ballots, and more
With staff access to easy-to-use tools that can modify and improve the member experience within your community, your organization will be well on its way to delivering superb member satisfaction and accelerating growth.
Are you excited to learn more yet? Download The Community Module Guide and keep it on hand for when you’re ready to begin your customization journey!