Discussing Why Online Communities Are a Tangible Business Asset with Michael Silverman
Michael Silverman joins us for this episode of ProCommunity, the show where online communities meet business performance.
Michael is a the CEO of Duo Consulting, an open-source strategy and technology firm. Along with being a seasoned entrepreneur and speaker, he is the author of the book, Capturing Community: How to Build, Manage and Market Your Online Community. Michael can be found at @MSilvermanDuo.
The Online Community Topics That We Chatted About:
- Why is now a good time to focus on creating an online community for your business?
- The different types of online communities
- Examples and characteristics of social communities that deliver
- The real business-level results to be achieved using online communities
- Building your own community vs. using Facebook or LinkedIn
- The components of a successful online customer community strategy
- How to get executives to view owned online communities as a strategic asset
- Setting expectations for creating a private online community
- Steps an organization can take to get started creating an online community