Happy Community Manager Appreciation Day!
This is one of our favorite days of the year. The community management industry is making great strides and growing rapidly into 2016, thanks to innovative content and collaboration amongst community managers.
Reflecting on where community management is headed next, we decided to touch on four distinct themes for this year’s celebration. We’ve been sharing our favorite resources and topics all month long, but here’s a quick wrap-up of our top CMAD posts:
Our Top Four 2016 CMAD ThemesCommunity Management Careers
- The Link Between Community Managers and Community Organizers
- Investing in Yourself: Professional Development for Community Managers
- 11 Must Reads for Every Community Manager
- The State of the Community Industry: A Return to Community-Driven Business
- Growth Hacking Your Community with Vanessa DiMauro
- Crack the Social Code: Turn Members Into Contributors
- How Community Maturity Affects Community Engagement
- Before You Do Anything Else with Your Community, Do This
- Wait, What Did I Just Agree to? 8 Ways to Update (and Enforce) Your Terms & Conditions
- How to Deal with Disruptive Community Members
- Nine Characteristics of Online Communities That Work
- Anonymous on the Internet
- Accessibility: Getting Everyone Engaged
A CMAD Marathon of Hangouts
Led by My Community Manager, today also is a 24-hour marathon chock-full with Google+ Hangouts, covering a new topic and live panel discussion every hour. Jonathan Brewer, Sherrie Rohde, Dom Garrett and Aaron Biebert are back to guide us through a busy, informative day. Check out the full schedule and additional details here.
We'd also like to send a big (virtual) round of applause and congratulations to the CMAD 2016 Community Manager award winners. Thanks for all of your contributions to your communities and the industry at large!Celebrating Community Managers This Thursday
Join Higher Logic and community managers from across the region for a CMAD happy hour in Arlington, VA, on Thursday, January 28, at 5pm. Find more event details here.