Engagement and collaboration should be at the top of the list for best online experience. It might seem like creating cohesion for your organization, your communities and your brand can seem an insurmountable task, but you probably already have great content and brand advocates on your side.
Not only a must for organizations, a compelling web presence has also evolved as a place to interact and collaborate with your audience; why direct people to several different places to have the same conversation? Gone is the practice of maintaining vertical channels -- your organization's website, social channels, events and online community all want and need to be connected.
Here's our top six for making the shift to a remarkable online experience:
- Build a user friendly website that resonates with your organization's mission. Effectively support your brand and reach your target audience with impactful design and simple navigation. One of our favorite examples is the Coin Laundry Association's new site.
- Provide easy mobile access on any device'allow your members full access to your website any time of the day or night, from anywhere in the world, on any device. Mobile makes a big difference, whether you're responding to a discussion on the train home or easily checking things out during an event.
- Deliver a compelling user experience with responsive functionality that allows your content to virtually adapt to any context in which it's viewed. Part of a good web presence is seeing and interacting with the brand within any environment. It's always an intuitive, clean user experience. Responsive web design helps you keep that brand consistent and compelling for users with every visit.
- Create valuable content and promote information sharing. Develop a growing content hub comprised of industry and product advice, discussions and best practices. What are your members craving in terms of industry news and resources?
- Build a secure collaboration space that provides easy access to network. Give your community members a place to collaborate and discuss hot topics of the day. A private online community puts the power of collaboration into your members' hands.
- Empower your audience by sparking conversations and encouraging members to share experiences. The conversations are already going on, so allow your best advocates to speak on your behalf.
Your website and your audience's (or members') interactions should not be in separate silos. The two can work together in a cohesive online environment where information and resources are constantly circulated. The ideal online experience can be achieved by bringing your website and community together.