Every week we aim to make your life easier by compiling the best online community articles from around the web right here on our blog. This week, our favorite articles focus on providing our readers with tips for building online communities and increasing engagement. Check out last week's top ten community management posts here.
Fresh Advice from the Online Community Blog
- How to Calculate and Explain the ROI of Your Association's Private Member Community
- How to Use Your Online Community to Improve Customer Service
Here are some of the best online community tips from around the web this week.
- Ever wondered how to grow your business by transitioning your product to platform? The Harvard Business Review has the answer.
- If you want happy, engaged customers, you need to start with happy, engaged employees.
- Snapchat isn't a trend, and it's time for marketers to jump on board. This HubSpot blog explains why.
- You may not think about it every day, but good design is essential to building community. Here's some great advice on choosing the right colors when creating your community.
- We all want loyal customers, and this insightful article from Marketing Land explains how organizations can increase loyalty by becoming more social.
- Choosing the right community platform can be difficult, but you can make it a lot easier by doing your legwork upfront.
- We love customer engagement, and this article explains why you should too - complete with eyebrow-raising statistics.
- One of the ways that companies are leveraging their customer communities to grow their businesses by finding ways to increase the value of customers.
- Twitter is a great tool for building community, expanding your reach, and growing your business. Here are a few excellent tips on using it to increase engagement.
- Do you want to launch a customer or user community platform to help keep your clients? Entrepreneur has outlined the top reasons why they leave, so you can try to stop it.
Tweet of the Week
A Strategic #Entrepreneur (TM) can take even the most commoditized businesses and turn it around into an experience.
- Charles E Gaudet II (@charlesgaudet) April 7, 2016
Feel free to share the Top Ten with your network!