Discussing the Role of Online Communities and Social Channels in Product Management with Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson joins us for this episode of ProCommunity, the show where online communities meet business performance.
Steve is the Chief Marketing Officer at Primary Intelligence, a firm dedicated to helping organizations use primary-sourced market data to optimize sales, marketing, and product strategies. Prior to joining Primary Intelligence, he trained product managers, marketers, and executives for Pragmatic Marketing for over 15 years. Steve can be found on Twitter at @sjohnson717.
The Product Management Topics That We Chatted About:
- What is product management and why should companies care?
- How have product managers always engages communities?
- Have social networks and online communities changed product management?
- Are businesses using online customer communities to keep their market more engaged in traditional methods or are there new methodologies being born out of social platforms?
- Small steps companies can take to start using their online customer community platform to innovate and plan products
- Ways to manage the increase in market data coming from social channels
- Pitfalls to avoid when using online communities in product management